View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #13
DistantStar

Default Re: My Local Church Experience - And My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Once when talking to an old friend, who is in an LSM run Local Church outside the Great Lakes Area, he made an interesting comment, "all the brothers are one except for Titus Chu."
It is somewhat disturbing to think that they actually see those who are "out of line". It's a dangerous way of looking at people. Singling them out.

Come to think of it, while I was there I never felt quite at home. I thought it was more a personality thing which kept me distant. Hell, while writing this I remember how I began to wonder if something was wrong with me! They never told me that I am wrong. But I just never felt right there. I wonder if they, too, started to think of me as being not a part of them. As though they also thought "all the brothers are one, except for Jacques".

Rather disturbing.

Edit: In their defense, that one friend I made which I mentioned did tell me that I shouldn't be too hard on myself and that I am saved and that I am alright. My point is that when I looked at all of them and how they behaved, I just couldn't act like they did. When I did act, I felt as though I'm being fake. Hence why I eventually wondered whether or not the problem lies with me.

Proverbs 14:12
DistantStar is offline   Reply With Quote