View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #12
Cal

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means to an LCer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
What get’s old Igzy is your endless criticism of “ the local churches”. Don’t you ever have anything positive to say? I have a mother and a brother meeting with the local churches and they are precious dear saints. I fellowship with them regularly concerning the things of God……just like I fellowship with other believing family members who do not meet with “the local churches”. There are some positive things there you know along with a lot of precious bothers and sisters in the Lord. But to listen to you one would think it is nothing but a dark evil cult.

Is that all your life is about is to constantly make negative posts on this forum concerning the local churches?
Dear Oregon,

Well, in the first place my post wasn't that negative. It was just pointing out a fundamental flaw in thinking on the part of some. Do you think things would be better if this was not pointed out for the sake of not being negative? Certainly not every perceived error needs to be pointed out. But this one has lead to gross hypocrisy. How can I ignore it?

I can see how you could be irked by seeing just this one side of me. I know there are good saints in the LCs. What breaks my heart the most is feeling I can't really have free fellowship with my old friends there. I miss them very much. But, simply put, they think anyone not in their movement is off and that's hard to deal with in a relationship.

As far as the part of my life which is spent on this board goes (I do have other parts), it is about pointing out the flaws in the arguments and thinking put forth by LCers and LSM/LCers. Not all flaws, though. I am not interested in nitpicking. I feel to focus on the flaws in reasoning which work to hold people there. I'm trying to help people be set free from a web of reasoning which formerly ensnared me and for many years stumbled my walk. That is what my life on this board is about, more or less.

Why do I do this? Honestly because I feel not enough people are doing it. I have certain gifts that lend themselves to this arena and I think the Lord is pleased that I am using them. I'm also by nature a debater and someone who doesn't mind speaking my mind and even feels called to do it.

I pray a lot about my efforts here. I myself get bothered sometimes by the seeming negativity. I suppose I could do like most people do and just pretend the problem doesn't exist and go about my business. It bothers me how many do that. I understand the idea of moving on and going on positively and living and let living. But I don't understand leaving victims in a ditch to fend for themselves when something can be done about it. Frankly, I think a lot of people are just plain scared to take on LSM.

One walks a treacherous path, however, when one becomes a critic. Sometimes you hurt innocent people's feelings or worse do damage. If I've done either to you, I apologize.

However, simply calling me overly critical is not going to work with me. You are going to have to tell me why the things I write should not be written, why they do more damage than good, because I'm seeking to do some good.

Someone is going to have to convince me I'm wrong before I stop, short of the Lord just plain telling me to. I hope you can understand and I hope this post doesn't make me sound self-righteous because I'm certainly open to being corrected.

Igzy

Last edited by Cal; 01-13-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote