View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 09:49 PM   #28
Freedom

Default Re: "Home Trainings" (with video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
First, get the mark to have an emotional response to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, then get them to see that "Jesus Christ" and "the church life" are synonymous. Then get them to see that without God's Deputy Authority the church life would be chaos, and without the revelation of God's Present Oracle there would be no truth.

And when things start to deteriorate, wave the signed document in front of them. "You are in the army, now. You have no rights". Etc.

Crass manipulation. A perversion of the freedom of the gospel of Jesus Christ. But very effective with inexperienced and emotionally vulnerable teenagers.
When I first became concerned about the LC, one of the catalysts was none other than these empty promises in regards to getting an increase, as well as the playing upon emotions. They make promises that if we would only consecrate ourselves to do such and such, that the Lord would bless our endeavors. It didn’t take much to see through it all, but at the same time, it’s easy to understand why people get trapped in it all.

About 10 years ago, the LC’s in the area that I’m from held a conference for “young working adults.” I didn’t attend this conference, but I was told that they had video-taped everyone offering up consecrations. Obviously, if there was the intent to video tape things, then it was all premeditated. That throws spontaneity out the window (not that spontaneity means anything), but people need to realize their emotions are being played upon, and more and more, people are being held hostage by being simply-minded enough to express a misconstrued loyalty.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote