Thread: Lee's Trinity
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #186
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Lee's Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
But the Bible never says God is three, neither does it even use the word three in the same sentence as God.
Good point, and just some more evidence that the three persons of the Godhead are indeed ONE in substance and nature. One Being in three Persons. Glory, glory to the Father! Glory, glory to the Son! Glory, glory to the Spirit! Glory to the three in One!

I would point out that although the Word never uses the word "three", it does use the word "We"...and from none other than our Lord Jesus himself: "Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."(John 14:23)

There is a very good reason why EVERY translation of this passage, from the most literal to the loosest paraphrase, use the pronoun "We" in translating this Greek word ἔρχομαι erchomai (most render "we will come"), and the reason is the plain context of where the word appears dictates that it be translated "We will come". Regarding this common phrase, BlueLetterBible.Com has the following entry: "to come from one place to another, and used both of persons arriving and of those returning"

Then, when taken in the general context of the 14th Chapter of John, I think most serious students of the New Testament would strongly infer that the "we" actually includes the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote