Thread: mann-man's Blog
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #59
Ohio

Default Re: The Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Ohio,

seems like that fellowship has a standing litmus test regarding tongues, with your friend the pastor acting as the gatekeeper. That test is probably a trojan horse for other control mechanisms, just as the LC litmus test of "the ground of oneness" became the facilitator of "the ministry" to reign.

So, what to say? A: it's a crying shame when christians can't greet one another in Christ, and leave it at that. Sorry you have to run into such.

B: Praise the Lord, and move on. Like I said, I suppose there are lots of other things lurking behind the "tongues" issue, and it's promulgator, that you met.

But I would warrant that if you are a believer on the earth, there is fellowship waiting for you. The Lord has prepared it for you. He is rich to all who call on His name.
Thanks Aron.

You are right about the litmus tests. I had hoped that I wouldn't have to face these, but during the last visit I heard distant rumblings of a second litmus test -- baptism.

The sad thing is that the spiel on tongues came out of no where. I'm the last person who needs to hear that. I don't know what got him going. Until then our fellowship was so sweet. We had even gone to a pig roast at a family's home, and made a lot of friends.

Now I feel I may be roasted next. My wife doesn't want to go back.