View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
countmeworthy

Default Re: “Can the Local Church Leadership Say, ‘We Were Wrong’?” (An Open Letter

Quote:
OBW wrote:
Having never read Nee's Spiritual Authority, it was quite an eye opener to see the gross errors in his reasoning on the matter of what is now called deputy authority.
Mike, how can you write SA was quite an eye opener if you have never read it ?

I read part of Spiritual Authority a few years ago. I still have it. There WERE some horrible gross errors in his reasoning that appalled me so I stopped reading it. I also have Sit, Walk and Stand. I tried reading it when I was in the LC but could never get through it. I tried reading it last year and I still cannot get through it.

Thank GOD for His WORD. The Holy Spirit truly enlightens me when I read the Word of God, speak it (HIM) and Pray it (HIM).
Quote:
In this one work of fiction, he has denied everything that Paul wrote concerning church discipline and turned it on its head. There is no way to bring a charge against an elder in the LC because they are taught to not even respond. Further, they are taught that they have the authority to silence the ones bringing the charge.
Did someone tell you or did you read a portion of this book in someone's post ? Just wondering because you wrote you have never read his book.
Quote:
He based too much of his teaching on observations of others, stories, and not enough on what the scripture actually said. He added overlays, as did Lee, that did not spring from the scripture, but we forced upon it and made to fit.
I think he based a lot of his teachings on his culture as did Lee did. They ought to have looked to God's Word to the Iraelites, the Jews, the Hebrews and Jesus' fullfillment of the law rather than their cultures, imho.

Quote:
Yes, many have received spiritual help from some of his books. But even the best of them must be read with care.
I've received SOME help for his works...more than I did from Lee's works. But one thing I am grateful for during my tenure in the LC was my encouragement to read, pray the WORD of GOD......before the LS messages came into existence.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote