View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #24
NeitherFirstnorLast

Default Prayer Request

Wow, am I broken.

I prayerfully considered a move from my locality, with my family, back in August. In October, with the Lord's blessing, I made the move - and my family stayed behind for a month while I made ready to move.

In November, I moved my family 1400 kilometers from home (840 miles) from our house to a new place the Lord provided - three acres and a beautiful house to rent... although it's an hour and a half drive from the office.

It wasn't supposed to be that way. My office was supposed to be close - but it didn't work out... the acquisition of the office from which I was supposed to be working didn't work out... and won't - until October 2011. For now, I drive.

My job doesn't mean to me what it used to. I knew I moved out here not for this job, but for something else - but what? I have applied for other jobs, but nothing has worked out. I want to use what I have been given for Christ, but how? I am in sales - and the two Christian radio stations I've applied with have not had positions to offer me.

The business with which I took a job is losing money - a lot of money - and unless things turn around by the end of this month, there will be serious consequences. We are renting this beautiful house, and the landlord now wants to put this house on the market.

I can lose my job, and I can lose my home, and Praise the Lord He is in control. I Praise the God who gives, and takes away.

Today I lost my son. He is our eldest. He is charged with a very serious crime, and I can't talk about that. I love him, and we've prayed for him for a long time. Yesterday he spoke to a lawyer, and she told him to plead not guilty to the crime of which he is accused, because if we all lie for him, he might get off. Lord Jesus, how can he just get off? He has admitted in a video taped confession to his crime. His victim has given video-taped testimony against him. He has counsellors to whom he has confessed, and there is no chance - no chance whatsoever, of escaping the consequences of his sins. I told him that, and he was enraged. I told him to lie is a sin, and that he needs to stand for Christ. He is 15, and he is furiously angry. He wants to escape the consequences of what he's done - and by telling him there's really no way out - that he needs to face what's he's done and place his trust in the Lord - he reacts with seething anger. He hates me. He threathens me. He will not listen.

I don't know what to pray for anymore. I really feel like this time, I've lost him. For the first time, I feel like I don't know what the Lord has in mind for him. I don't know where this is going - and I need prayer.

We aren't much with the saints in LSM anymore - and they were our family. Our own family are unbelievers, and we cannot turn to them. Even if we did, they would revile our son for what he did - they would welcome his demise. We've met with a few other believers out here, but not enough to really trust them with this in prayer.

Please, pray for us. Pray for my son. He needs to see whom he can trust - the Lord. He needs to know he must stand as a man to answer for what he has done. Lying is no way out for him.

Please pray for us.
NeitherFirstnorLast is offline   Reply With Quote