View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #124
HERn

Default Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
We've been reading Piper's book in SS and about half the class has dropped out. He's pretty ballsy messing around with one of the confessions. Several of the first chapters are a difficult read, not to mention his push for Christian hedonism! Some of what he preaches seems to map onto what Lee taught (made me wonder if Piper has been reading "THE MINISTRY"!). I don't think I want to spend time advancing Piper's Christian hedonism thesis here because I'm a bit skeptical. But, it's an interesting read and I have received some benefit. So far no one in class is calling him the MOTA, oracle, or the last Apostle!
Hey! I just realized something! If half of Lee's congregation stopped attending every training where he spouted off nonsense, maybe it would have taken a bit of wind out his sails and trimmed his wings. It would not surprise me that if during their darkest moments some of the blendeds slipped a secrete prayer to WL.

Last edited by HERn; 11-02-2015 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
HERn is offline   Reply With Quote