View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 03:52 PM   #207
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Quote from today's Witness/Watchman Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
But there is clergy even there in your assembly. They may run a loose ship and allow everyone to "prophesy," even though not all are "prophets." And they must not be the kind of clergy that brings a bad name to the job (and that is a good thing). But they are clergy, and by definition, they have some duties that are not yours. So in the strict application of "clergy-laity," you are part of the laity in those items. There may be fewer problems than at First Baptist Scottsdale, Sun Valley Congregational, or wherever (and I have no idea if those particular assemblies, by name, actually exist). But clergy is there. And so you should assert that, based on your experience and observation, clergy-laity is not some evil system as far as its application to your assembly is concerned. Therefore it is not simply some un-biblical thing.
Very philosophically stated - I'm convinced and declare myself a very proud member of the laity! (and I've suddenly got a powerful hankerin' to go sit in a pew . . . )