View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 02:50 AM   #363
aron

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
I don't think that observation is balanced with other scripture, bro! So what do you do when Hebrews (2nd chapter) says, "He is not ashamed to call them brethren?" And when Christ says He is one with us? Just figures of speech?
God is the self-existent One. Our existence is only to the extent that we recognise this, not only in abstract theory but in practice. As soon as we say, "I am" then we are not. When we efface ourselves then the doorway is opened for him to create us in his image. But only then. As soon as we think and act selfishly we are removed from Christ. Peter looked around to see the sights and his sight became onrushing water and death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
And to keep saying this is just a distraction from Christ isn't true - it's who He has made us! We shouldn't be unaware of who we are, as scripture endeavors to tells us over & over in much detail who we are.
Because of sin we are continually at peril. The beautiful woman of Revelation 17:4 and 18:7 said, "I sit a queen". Of course she was a beautiful woman, and she did sit a queen. But because of sin she was unaware of the abominations. She only saw the gilded cup and the robes. Because of sin, she only saw the gilt, and missed the guilt (a pun, yes)

So "who we are" is the Gorgon. Christ is the Shield. Focus on the Shield.