View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 10:11 AM   #52
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: POLL: How do you generally view the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Imagine if I taught that by some revelation, in God's word, I found that you could wiggle your pinkie finger and God would come. A giant shining angel would come and do your bidding. Of course only you could see the angel, and hear his voice, but the Angel of God would appear, and you'd be brought "into the spirit world" and could control/manipulate the physical world. All you have to remember, is to "just" wiggle your finger a certain way. Like the song says, "It's so simple and easy" that any HS student can do it.

And the verse is right there - Luke 11:19. “But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you” And nobody seen this but me!! Hey, everybody, come join my Group - The Finger of God!! We can have conferences... I'll put out books on Daniel 5, with Belshazzar's feast, another on John 7 & 8, with Jesus writing in the dirt....

Do you see where I'm going? Anyone can get a "revelation" and drag some naifs along. Remember that useful word: "just". Make it simple. Give them one magical move, and the universe is theirs. Then they are yours. Now look at all those groups above, again. See how simple it is? Anyone can do it.
I see this all along a spectrum. What you talked about above is at one extreme end of the spectrum, that is, that man can control God by what he does or says. Obviously this is an erroneous extreme. The other end of the spectrum, I suppose, would be that God has delegated no authority to man whatsoever. Therefore, man really has no authority or responsibility to affect anything in God's grand design. Both are "just" erroneous, non-biblical extremes, right?