View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 05:29 PM   #153
Bubbles!

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
What is important to me is making sense of this. In many cases they veered off from the truth. Why?

The practice described in "Lord Thou Saidst" compiled by Ray Graver and published by LSM in 1981 is undeniably Biblical and certainly taught and practiced in church history. That was the point of the book at a time when the lawsuits were accusing the Recovery of "chanting", etc.

However, that book does not resemble the practice that is described by people currently meeting with the LC, why? The book is no longer listed on LSM's website, why?

I think this exposes the "have my cake and eat it too" mentality. If the saints read that book "pray reading" is no longer the great discovery of WL, also the practice the saints have will appear a very poor imitation or knock off of the real thing. And yet they want to be accepted as part of fundamental Christianity and WL is no longer alive. As a result I conclude that the value of "LC pray reading" to require saints to purchase LSM published materials outweighs any reasons they would have for the saints to read that book.

I think this is evidence for those who saw a distinct change in the nature of the LC before 1980 and after 1980. In that book Ray gives a personal testimony about how he was very moved with the verse in Acts when the leaders realized the disciples "had been with Jesus". He had been with Jesus, they are attacking the church for bringing in far eastern practices of pray reading and calling on the Lord. He is running to the defense, innocently and naively. But by the time his book is published LSM is building a training center in Irving, he is the foreman, he is running a wing of the publishing business, and the elders in Anaheim are being pushed out opening the door for Benson and Ray to take over. From that point selling books for LSM outweighs the narrow way that leads to life.

This book itemizes quotes from 56 bible teachers other than WL. Anyone who reads this book will immediately discover an entire world of ministers of the pure word outside of LSM, outside of WL and the blendeds. That to me is why this book had to be ditched.

A few years ago, I came across something in regard to ministries becoming a stumbling block, after they acquire a large publishing house, bringing in lots of money. I don't remember who the author was. I do remember when WLs publishing office was in his tiny apartment. It didn't stay there.
Bubbles! is offline   Reply With Quote