View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:16 AM   #214
Ohio

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery - Joann Casteel

I found this message quite telling ...
Quote:
A Facebook post from Jo Casteel’s neighbor:

"24 hours ago my neighbors were people we exchanged hellos with, one time borrowed a hair dryer, but strangers to anything personal. Last night Ben rocked their baby boy and I read their little girl bedtime stories while the mom started to make funeral arrangements for her husband who took his life.

I stayed with her overnight because in so many ways for so many reasons they are alone. 7.5 billion people on this earth and the only gospel that has been shared with them is horribly mangled.

I say all this to say, the devil is at work, but I have to believe God is in the details. There is so much hurt this side of heaven, so much confusion, so much evil. Life is real and raw and unexpected. Our job, our mission as believers has to straighten it out with love. His love. And we have to get better at it."
Because of Jo Casteel's professional obligations as a Registered Nurse, she was forced to signal the greater LC community when she learned about numerous abuses. Instead of working to protect the victims, leadership at LSM and DCP quickly moved to destroy this dangerous "whistle-blower." Her own family and LC family also disowned her. Incredible pressure was mounted against this young family.

Her kind neighbor, a lovely Good Samaritan, from "poor poor Christianity" then steps in to help in the midst of such a tragedy.

One ex-LCer told me personally 10 years ago of a revelation the Lord had given him: "There is no love in Laodicea." How true.