View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #65
aron

Default Re: I need a church life that isn't led astray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
Thanks, UntoHim. I look forward to it.....we live in North Idaho where churches are abundant, many different denominations, which I have ruled out.

But how merciful is He, even to reveal this to me. Such a short time ago I had my own blinders on....preventing me from recognizing this danger! What mercy! I love Jesus. I know that every heart seeking His face, He lifts the veil away...and He is good and faithful towards us....to do this.
Have you tried asking your children where they want to go? Are they old enough to participate in the decision-making process? I ask this because of the testimony of a couple I know, who left the Lord's Recovery after probably two decades. They told me what happened - some of their younger children, coming into their teens, started to become reluctant to go to meetings. The couple, to their credit, kept the lines of communication open, didn't force things, and asked the children where they wanted to go. They looked around, and ended up at a non-denominational fellowship, and one of their daughters married a young man that she met there.

I was impressed that the couple was willing to humble themselves and listen to the Lord through their children. If they had tried to impose "faith" they would have lost them. But they followed the Lord together. How very non-Lord's Recovery. Instead of listening to HQ, they listened to their children.