View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 09:21 AM   #1635
awareness

Default Re: The Problem of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
All laughter is in derision of something. It's good-natured derision.
As bro Ohio says, I mourn for you. You don't know real laughter if you think all laughter is in derision. There's all kinds of laughter's. There's laughter out of derision, There's good natured laughter. There's even an evil witch laughter. But what about laughter out of joy and fun ; like kids, and silly girls? Did Jesus ever do that? He did go thru the baby stages, and the young goofy kid stages, like the human being he was. Surely he laughed. We hear none of it.

God's laughter in the OT is sorta like the evil witch laughter ; like, hahaha, I'm gonna smite you.

What I wanna know is, what made Jesus laugh? When he was drinking wine with the boys, what made him laugh, and what kind of laughter was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy
Would you rather God laugh at his opposers or blast them with lightning bolts?
No, I'd rather he laugh like this :
The person that you saw on the tree, the one who is glad and laughing, that is the living Jesus! The other one, into whose hands and feet they are driving spikes, that one is the body; he is the flesh-manifestation of the immortal being put to shame, the likeness perceived by the natural eye. Look at him, then look at me. - Jesus, according to the Apocalypse of Peter
That's a happy laughter. That's a living Jesus laughter. That's the laughter of joy.

Quote:
Oh, I get it. He's just supposed to say, "It's okay! Now run along and play, sweet babies!"
I love the laughter of babies. So sweet and innocent.

And God does the "run along and play" thing most all of the time, seems in the real world anyway.

Quote:
Sheesh, Harold. There's just no pleasing you, is there?
I know. It's like an itch. I really, really, really, wanna know what made Jesus laugh ... and all his different kinds of laughter (did he have even an evil laugh)?

But right now, I busted out laughing at myself. While on this computer I've been feeling a cold blast of air for quite some time. But I dismissed it thinking the fire wasn't going strong enough yet.

It just hit me, when I heard the door creaking. I forgot that I didn't close the door very well when bringing in the wood, and wind blow it wide open, allowing cold air to blow right in. thru the open door.

I busted out laughing at myself. It was one of those goofy kinds of laughter, like, I'm a complete dumb ass kinds of laughter. I guess it could be considered derision, but not really.

I think it's important that we learn to laugh at ourselves. I wonder if Jesus ever did that? It would perchance tell us a whole lot more about the historical Jesus, if we knew what made him laugh at himself.

I suppose we might find out some day ; when lost books written by the other 2/3's of the apostles are found, in a jar in a cave somewhere in Israel or Egypt.

Let's hope. And let's hope they make us laugh. Surely they will. Heck, we'll laugh that they were found ... and then laugh at them because they aren't scripture.

And finally. Read my tagline :