View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #964
aron

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Daystar was fraught with fraud. The oil crisis was just a convenient foil.
But even if it wasn't fraught with fraud, HERn's point remains. Lee promised that God would bless the endevour with positive cash flow, and it was instead financial disaster. "God blew on it", I heard several LC'ers remark. Why did God blow on the vision of "the apostle of the age", to have it fall with a crash, as in Jesus' parable (Matt 7:24-27)?

And I'll go further: I'm throwing out the idea that Witness Lee was "the" apostle, or even "an" apostle, if he was leveraging his position to borrow $100K from Sal Benoit and the believers in Massachusetts. Positive cash flow or not, he was wrong hitting up church members for $$ for his kid's business. Totally unethical. (And I presume that what we have documented from MA was repeated around the country. We don't know how much in total flowed from local churches to Phosphorous to Daystar to Timothy Lee).

And I'm throwing out the idea that there was no "fallen human culture" in the Lord's recovery if the Daystar and Philip Lee as "The Office" episodes had to be hush-hushed and covered over, so that the "apostle" couldn't lose face post-blunder. Instead, we got these weird, "God blew on it" and "ambitious men rebelled" stories. Suddenly we had to "cover drunken Noah". Huh?

"People change", said Lee. Yeah, and some people don't change. Lee was in the iron grip of his native culture. As soon as push came to shove, God's New Testament Economy went bye-bye.