View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #267
Drake

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Those people you've mentioned are in the line of the Lord's recovery. Of course they are recommended to be read because their theologies are aligned with the LC teachings. But aren't you missing this: "The books in Christianity are full of superstition, superficiality, and lukewarm theology, not to mention error in many cases. We are not part of organized Christianity." (The Ministry, March 2005)
Okay... but still it negates the idea that believers in the Lord's recovery must only read Brother Lee. Furthermore, I don't disagree with the bold statement and you probably agree also if you think about because you make a conscious decision about what authors to include in your library.

Quote:
Here's the deal, let every LCer during the prophesying meeting have the opportunity to share the books they've read.
Ah, now that is a different discussion and a legitimate one. But it has nothing to do with the One Publication document.

Quote:
And John Bunyan, R. C. Sproul, D. A. Carson, James R. White, Matt Chandler, David Platt, Jerry Bridges, Steve Lawson, Paul Washer, J. I. Packer, John MacArthur, J. C. Ryle, Paul E. Miller, Mark Jones, John Jerfferson Davis, Pat Springle, Elliot Nesch, Marcus Rainsford, Tim Keller, Charles Spurgeon, John Calvin, Michael Horton, Sinclair Ferguson, Robert Letham, Martyn Llyod Jones, and the grand finale Logos 8 platinum shared to me by mentor. How's that?
That is an impressive list and our libraries overlap on some of them. Good for us. And I am certain you and I would agree that none of them will ever take the place of the Bible and the Holy Spirit's direct speaking to us.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote