View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #264
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I can't speak to your experience and why the elder demanded that you read only Brother Lee's books. It really baffles me because I have never seen an elder or a leading one exhibit that attitude or behavior in my four decades + about what anyone can read.
You haven't? Then you have clearly not been in the same Local Church of Witness Lee that we are talking about on this forum. Don't know any other way to understand how you could say something so diametrically opposed to the truth. I don't care how long you claim to have been an astronomer, even if it's for 40+ years...you cannot tell us the Moon is made of green cheese. It just ain't so. Care to restate?

Quote:
Anyway, here's the thing. The "One Publication" is not about what one can read... it is about what LSM will publish under the banner of the ministry they are entrusted with.
Wow, more green cheese, eh? It's starting to smell around here bro. Let me try to go about this another way. Maybe you could tell us about the relationship that the Living Stream has with all the "local churches?" (of course I mean all the local churches associated with LSM) The Living Stream is a publisher. Got it! Cool! They publish the works of Lee and Nee. Check! No problem! What's the relationship between these "local churches" and the Living Stream Ministry? After 40+ years I think you might be able to give us a rather comprehensive description. Leave out the cheese, please!
Quote:
And finally, in UntoHim's argument he borrowed the "One Publication" term to make a different point, that being that the ONLY publication we as Christians should have is the Bible.
Dude, are you actually reading what I post? I mean, it's like I'm writing in lower Slobovian or something. For God's sake, my man, the very title of this thread is ONE PUBLICATION. I didn't make this term up - it comes directly from the headquarters of the sect/religion you are here defending! Who said the Bible is "the only publication we as Christians should have?" Not me Kemosabe! And nobody else here said anything like that either. Your arguments seem to be with the fellows over there on La Palma Ave in Anaheim, and not with any of us here. I can give you a phone number or email address if you need it. Just say the word...I'm here to help!
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote