Thread: mann-man's Blog
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #74
countmeworthy

Default Re: The Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that their teaching is questionable? (Putting teaching in quotes as you did seems to indicate some question about whether it is really teaching.)
NO. the subject matter is not usually questionable.
Quote:
Does it mean that they have a "sound" or "way" when they "teach" (again, questionable)?Does it mean that there is something special about their teaching that can be identified as "anointing"?
Yes with explanation. This question is a little more difficult to answer. To those with a Pentecostal background, they will see it as the person speaking under the anointing. To those of us who are not familiar with the song & dance tune that comes upon them, we feel uncomfortable, whether they are the anointing or not.

Think about it in LC terms. To a newbie attending their first/second LC meeting, the reading the scriptures in a unison military tone, and hearing all the strong 'amens', can seem a bit over the top. Most feel uncomfortable at first because they are not used to seeing 'pray', read the scriptures and in one accord know exactly when to resound a loud AMEN. To the LSMrs/LCrs, it's a way of life. Not going through these motions would make them feel like a fish out of water. They're not accustomed to anything else but their way of doing things.

Quote:
Does it mean that the have an anointing sometimes that really comes out?
Yes. They will begin to feel different and sometimes say they 'feel the anointing.'

Quote:
Does it mean that they have a mannerism in their teaching that is presumed within certain circles to be "anointing"?
Yes. Rod Parsley and Perry Stone have strong Pentecostal backgrounds. They are fine teachers in their own right. They may be speaking 'normally' and suddenly they are 'overtaken' by a strong Presence of the Lord and they begin to talk faster, their tone of voice changes. After a few minutes of being 'charged up', they 'come down' and speak in a regular tone of voice.

I like Rod Parsley as a Man of God. However I can only take him in very small dosages. When he came to town, after 45 minutes of trying sooo very hard to accept the sing/song drama, I walked out. Perry Stone, who I like a WHOLE LOT is not nearly as bad as Parsley.

I also think it's a 'southern' thing...maybe that's where the phrase 'Southern Gospel' came from.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote