View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 08:03 PM   #4670
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Trump has ALWAYS said that he is for LEGAL and SAFE immigration. That is obviously too difficult for the LEFT to understand. When ISIS fighters were disguised as Syrian et.al. refugees, Trump limited immigration from certain dangerous countries, ones previously marked out by the Obama admin. Have you seen the crime waves in England, Germany, France, and Sweden? But then the Left smears Trump as Anti-Muslim.

We have drugs, gangs, and illegals crossing our Southern border every day. Every aged politician is on record supporting a wall and restricted immigration. Trump comes along and decides to stop talking and start building. The Left, including posters here, once again smears him as a xenophobe, as anti-immigrant, as white supremacist, as racist, as hateful, as Fascist, etc.
This is semantics. You don't like my simplification of "anti immigration" fine, but the reality is that his focus from the first day of his campaign has had immigration reform as a centerpiece. And by reform we are referring to shipping millions of "illegal" immigrants back to their country, building a wall, and even using presidential decrees to limit immigration.

Quote:
Forgive my semantics. I thought accusations of anti-immigrant were the same as that.
I didn't say "anti immigrant" that is a misquote, I said "anti immigration".

Quote:
Sorry if I lumped you in with other haters. It's hard at times to distinguish constant condemnation from "hatred." I admit that your comments are more reserved than others.

Thanks for nuancing your views.
You are confusing condemnation with observation. When I say he is rude that is an observation that cannot be denied, nor does the fact that there are other rude people change that. Likewise when I say he is vulgar, sure you can call it "locker room talk" and no doubt others like Kavanaugh have also done the same, but that doesn't make the observation less valid. Likewise when I say his remarks are incendiary. That is a fact. That is the secret to his success. He was able to use twitter to suck all the air out of all the other candidates.

No one gets elected president who isn't talented. Trump's vulgarity and rudeness are part of his talent at being incendiary. Obama was talented, Clinton was talented, even Bush was talented. They all had their talents, that doesn't in any way imply they were good leaders or that they were moral people. The question is to what end does he use his talents. We are told to not judge before the time. Too many have judged Trump before the time. It is too early to do that.