View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 11:09 PM   #37
Drake

Default Re: Greetings from NYC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumosityfan View Post
Well, they say things like people must only use Brother Lee's teachings, that any other scripture is anathema to the building of the Lord's Recovery, things like that. (I would go further but this discussion has been plenty hashed out already). Granted I haven't really heard directly from people in the Local Churches but the bookstore showing basically everything containing Lee's teachings and no other Biblical sources of information including books by other Christian authors definitely rings a bell towards the importance of Brother Lee in the Local Churches.
So, your argument is based on circumstantial considerations, not something you can actually quote.

Most people that object to the ministry of Brother Lee do so for the reasons you cite.,, an overemphasis on the use of the messages, HWMR, exercise of authority in church governance, etc. I understand that POV though I see it much differently. However, no one I know in the local churches thinks Brother Lee was equal to the Lord Jesus or even Paul or other New Testament writers. His teachings are based on the revelation given to the authors of the New Testament and not net new revelation. He was not a a minister of original thought but recovered thought. And he never could violate the headship of our Lord Jesus.

As I mentioned to ByHisMercy, your sources are simply a repetion of each other. That is why I asked you for a specific statement from the ministry or anecdotally something you heard someone say, but up to this point you have not provided that but just your own opinion...and your are entitled to that but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Thx
Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote