View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 02:58 AM   #44
aron

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
Our hope is only and entirely in Christ Jesus. .
Amen to that. The gospel is about Jesus Christ. Paul said, "We do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus". . .contrast that to those who speak of the church, the ground, the ministry, the vision of the age &c.

I can prove that LC is brain-dead because when they sing hymns from poor, poor Christianity suddenly it is their "goodly heritage".

I can prove that WL teaching is crude and amateurish by pointing to RecV footnotes on Psalms. The best a WL advocate on this forum can do is reply, perhaps it is so. To which I say, perhaps it is not so, and note that in captive LSM assemblies no one ever is allowed to say that perhaps it is not as WL taught.

I can prove that LSM is blatantly self-serving by noting that the One Publication Policy came from a publishing house. Church leaders are employees of the publishing house, which sells ministry materials to church members! Conflict of interest, much?

The LC is a poster child for poor, poor Christianity.