View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #300
aron

Default Re: First Post kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I earlier mentioned that the RecV footnotes contradict each other. One says that the psalmist crushing his enemy's skull and bathing his feet in his enemy's blood is a picture of Christ defeating Satan, while another footnote says that the Christian sentiment is to forgive your enemy and therefore the psalmist's violent antagonism is merely vain concepts.

How is that representing the ministry? Can we critique the ministry and represent it?
Maybe we can represent the ministry in a special edition of "Affirmation & Critique".

One article: "Women's roles: 1915 versus 2015". Ask what roles Jessie Penn- Lewis, Peace Wang, Dora Yu, Ruth Lee and ME Barber might have in the modern 'church life'.

And another on contradictory RecV footnotes in the Psalms, and a comparison of WL's reception of the Psalms compared to the reception in the NT.

I think we might begin to give an contemporary representation of the ministry today.