View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #112
kumbaya

Default Re: From a concerned parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Now now bro Ohio. You know there are nonChristian cults. And when did I ever say that cults are anyone that believes in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Seems to me you must still be emotionally invested in the local church. Or you wouldn't be acting this way about the LC being a cult ; even after you saw with your own eyes that, Witness Lee was/is a personality cult leader.
On this topic- this was one of the first videos I saw that made me realize the Lord’s recovery was actually now (possibly had always been) a cult - but full of Christians.

Https://youtu.be/u2s4krmjkDI

I believe the leadership can employ cult tactics for control but the fact remains that most, probably almost all of them-are Christians. Cults can’t limit anyone’s relationship with Jesus. Out of respect for fellow brothers and sisters, I still hesitate to call them a cult (aside from leadership) bc even though I believe they are- I grew up in it! It has such a stigma and most ppl inside are victims to the system and calling them a “cult” seems to just create more division.

I feel like the opportunity to communicate/connect is lost trying to prove who is or isn’t a cult. What about just focusing on healthy vs. unhealthy practices in a Christian group instead?

I’m not trying to end your discussion of it- feel free to continue! Just wanted to offer another point of view!
kumbaya is offline   Reply With Quote