Old 11-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
leastofthese

Default Re: meeting with a coworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
Hi I've recently joined and left a local church
I am meeting with a brother tomorrow who wishes me to return
Any advice?
I guess it depends on your situation, and the coworker. It may be nice to share the Gospel with them and talk about who Jesus is in your life - no script, no memorized religious babble.

It would be interesting to understand how they can have a church that is centered on the works of Witness Lee and the publishing arm of LSM. What happens when a local church no longer follows the LSM directive (see threads on the quarantines in various areas), what happens when a member no longer wants to follow the LSM directive (see multiple personal experiences on threads here). What is one thing that Witness Lee taught that this particular "coworker" doesn't agree with? If it is a local church, why must everything point back to Witness Lee and the LSM? Is it possible that Witness Lee isn't who he said he was? If so, what are the implications of that?

Honestly, your time would be better spent praying for the brothers/sisters that you met during your time there.

It probably depends on which locality you are in...that seems to dictate the level to which the coworker has dug his head into the sand.