Thread: Brainwashing
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:22 AM   #36
Unregistered

Default Re: Brainwashing

For Drake: Of course we accept a fallen man's teachings on scripture...unless he gets it wrong and when he gets it wrong-- and everyone will be wrong sooner or later in this life. Please show me where anyone ever said that WL got something wrong. Please...can you show me where anyone managed to disagree with him and stay in a position of leadership? Was anyone allowed to "agreeably disagree"? I think we know the answer. And you know what I meant: the LC accepts everything WL said as if it is automatically true and without question-- at least aloud. Why don't you go ahead and try it sometime? Just bring up a different viewpoint after someone has read yet another footnote or paragraph from the monotonous readings and see how well it is received and how good the vibes are after you do it. You know very well that it is not acceptable in their closed culture. By demanding a citation, you attempt to win the argument even when you KNOW that what I and others are saying is true. The LC knows better than to put infallibility in print but they--and possibly you-- practice it and believe it in your place of worship. If day after day you read his material and find no flaw, then I have to wonder. And if you did find a flaw, what would you do or say? I bet you will go along with it because WL dwells in unapproachable "light". Both never finding a flaw in that mass of literature or finding one and being afraid to discuss it shows that infallibility has been granted in practice.

You know in your heart of hearts that what I am saying about granting him infallibility is true. If a group does not accept anyone else's revelation (unlike the Bereans) that may add something to what has already been said by WL or if they refuse to admit that there are some truly faulty and flawed teachings where they exist, you have granted infallibility. When we only allow a certain man's voice to be heard (exclusivity), he is being granted infallibility in practice. They are saying that he has it all! There is no one else that can share in written form for the church! Again, they are too smart to say this or admit it, but the practice is there.

Perhaps in your "gold bar" Recovery Version it says"each one" has. My translations say "everyone" or "you". I think it was understood by all here that I was using "man" in the sense of all humankind who are believers and was using it specifically here because WL was a man who pushed other men around and out of the church if they didn't show obeisance. And as far as different functions go, each of the functions listed after it all have to do with speaking. It is true that all may prophesy-- but none dare veer from WL's teaching. Oh-- it is all so monotonous and boring.

Since you have asked repeatedly for a citation in which WL claimed or was given infallibility, perhaps it would be helpful to cite a training from Thessalonians way back in which he said, "I am your apostle". Hmmm...let me see...what do apostles do? Ahh, yes, they write scripture. Oh yes, we can claim that they are just "sent ones" because it is true-- they WERE sent ones..but they were those who accompanied and knew Christ firsthand and we're instructed by Him to write/send their message out as God- breathed and inspired. But WL, I think, was claiming infallibility or something darn near to it. I was there..!I heard him say this..and my rebellion started there. He is not and was not MY apostle.

I just wish for once that those in the LC would just admit what they do and what they believe but they will not. There is too much face to lose.