View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #1135
zeek

Default Re: Christianity in the Postmodern Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
You are mixing apples and oranges. I am not indifferent to what is happening. I am not indifferent to Climate change, or fraud, or corruption, or greed, or selfishness or idolatry.

3 But know this, that in the last days grievous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, railers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, no lovers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; 5 holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power thereof: from these also turn away.

Back when everyone was screaming to go to war in Iraq I was saying that we would be better off spending the money on becoming self sufficient in energy so that we don't need their oil (it was a possibility once you realize we were going to spend $6 trillion on this war and the only possible benefit we have gotten from it is a continued flow of oil and gas from the region). Had we done that there would be no ISIS today, we still would have killed Osama, we would be self sufficient in energy and it would be much cleaner than our current energy, our population would be healthier (making the health care crisis not as severe), and since it would be a domestic industry we would have dramatically decreased our trade deficit and therefore our national debt would not be nearly as severe (even though in each scenario the US spends $6 trillion, in my scenario the money spent pays a yearly dividend in energy, it creates a domestic industry and jobs all of which pay taxes, and it creates a technologically advanced industry that could increase our exports).
Another tangent. This is not the political thread. We're discussing a different topic here. But, to go back to your starting point: it's always the last days for someone. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote