View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #121
Ohio

Default Re: Repetition, Ritual, Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Synagogues are not mentioned in the Old Testament, when the Jews started practicing them they were their own invention.

The same with Christmas.

The point is not that Christmas is equivalent to synagogues. The point is your idea that for something to be an acceptable practice it must be mentioned in the Bible is false. Synagogues were not mandated by God in his word, yet Jesus honored their usage.

Note, I'm not necessarily defending Christmas, though I could. I'm saying your argument that Christmas is not valid because it is not in the Bible is itself invalid. The example of synagogues proves that.
The Exclusive Brethren became famous (infamous?) for their unrelenting assaults on all of Christendom regarding the celebrations of Christmas and Easter. Nee and Lee followed their lead. So now in TLR the only "legitimate" holiday is Chinese New Year, which Lee officially endorsed by establishing one of LSM's Seven Annual Feasts on this day. Yet the pagan traditions surrounding Christmas pale in comparison to those of Chinese New Year. Anyone else notice the irony here?

Last edited by Ohio; 07-22-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote