View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #535
Drake

Default Re: The Unique Move of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
You can keep on denying. I don't expect a real change of mind can come anytime soon. (I hope God will surprise me though).
I think I understand what you are saying. Let me check with you....You are saying that God is on your side because your thinking is right and mine is not and mine won't change anytime soon because I am stuck in denial?

Is that what you are saying, "a little brother"?

Quote:
I was not discusssing whether those in the local churches believe that is a better way (of course they do). I was discussing their wrong way of justifying their "betterness" by false testimony.
By stating it the way you do, you are casting the argument as a value statement of one believer over another. And you also accuse the believers in the local churches of being liars in promoting it.

Both are inaccurate. First, no brother or sister that I have ever met in the Lords Recovery thinks they are better than believers not in the Lords Recovery. I certainly don't. I can't think of a single one out of thousands. On the contrary, I have known and know some stellar christians outside of the Lord Recovery. I think some in this forum are probably like that too.

Secondly, the way is a matter of the truth. There are many ways and we need to distinguish them. For instance, the Lord said there is a way of destruction compared to a narrow way. Paul said he showed us a more excellent way. Therefore, we need to assess our way. If we feel before the Lord that our way is right we should not shy away from it by falsely and foolishly embracing every way. That is why I said to follow your conviction before the Lord, it's not about pride, it's about conviction of belief. It is not falsehood to present the scriptural justification for your conviction of the way. If you have no conviction about the way then you should pray earnestly to find it. If you think every way is fine then... well, got nothing for you.

Quote:
I believe God's people don't follow the Lord only to enjoy healthy and nourishing food. They are also commissioned to serve Him even though the situation can be difficult.
Certainly. I agree. Yet, we get through difficult times by the life supply from the Lord as the Life-giving Spirit. The Lord said, he who eats Me shall live because of Me. He is the food we need to serve Him.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote