View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #204
OBW

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to The Eastern Orthodox Church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Are you saying that Hank should have just met with his closest group of Christians rather than join the Orthodox?

Another view says Hank should have prayed and asked the Spirit about where he should meet.

Is it possible that after praying , God would say "just meet with the group of Christians closest to you".
Only someone with a penchant for defining a "must" would answer in this way.

Should Hank have prayed? Are you sure that he did not? Are you sure that his sense of the leading of the Holy Spirit was not to do exactly what he did?

And what if the closest assembly is (fill in the blank with the group you most do not want to meet with)?

You only have these problems when you think there is only one way to do it but the Bible makes no such statement and provides no way for it to happen. So you see problems where there are none. At least not in terms of anything the Bible says.

There just isn't much real division among the various Christian groups. Unlike the division that the LRC insists is between themselves and everyone else. The problem is that the division that you see is what you want to see. It is hard to discuss something that you say exists when most involved in all those groups that you claim are so divided don't see it. And what they do see they do not see as division. They gladly accept that they are one with all of the Christians. Even you. You just dismiss them (and me with them).

You still have not made the case that there is some kind of division other than claiming that they don't meet as the "church in [city]" which would mean under your leadership in every city where such a formula-driven church exists.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote