View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 05:20 AM   #25
Ohio

Default Re: Wait, It's A Cult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Anything? What about number 8.

Do you believe number 8 is an accurate portrayal of the LC?:

8. Salvation is a big unknown. Since cults often teach that salvation is based on performance, cult members can never know if they've done everything necessary to get to heaven.

Anyone who has encountered the LC for even a little bit knows that we believe in the assurance of salvation and salvation by faith alone, even without any works at all.

On the one hand we are accused of "easy believism", now we are accused of salvation by works?

Which is it?
Which is it?

Listen, I am one of the few posters here which will give credit to WL and the LC's where due. You, however, admit to none of the numerous failings at LSM.

Let me answer your question another way. For many years I had to defend my own salvation by the Lord in the face of endless attacks by the opposers, some of which were my own cousins. I constantly assured them that I was wonderfully saved BEFORE entering the LC due to all the controvercies surrounding the teachings of WL. Because of Lee's constant assaults on all things Christian, it was nearly impossible for outsiders to ascertain whether he was saved or not, let alone all the LC members.

You bring the problems on yourself. Today I wonder if salvation is preached there anymore. Just say "Lord Jesus" three times? Five times during a quarantine? Do you still teach that believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the "low" gospel?

Which is it?