View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 07:57 AM   #171
Ohio

Default Re: Calling On The Name of The Lord, Pray-Reading and Prophesying

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
Again, not saying there should be none of that. But there needs to be a reduction in me and an increase in Him. I must decrease . . . .
I agree with the part about you decreasing. And me too!

This thread is about "Calling On The Name of The Lord, Pray-Reading and Prophesying," three prominent practices in the LC's. Because the GLA had some more spiritual men, we attempted to practice these spiritually. In other words, we struggled to keep these real, in the Spirit, and not deteriorate into robotic forms.

The Bible speaks of Calling On The Name of The Lord, Praying the Word of God, and Prophesying in meetings, so we should not entirely discard these practices just because they were morphed into something totally unrecognizable to scripture. Personally I would not participate in public "Oh Lord Jesus" chants at trainings, like I witnessed in that Whistler Kangaroo Court video. That was vain babbling at best.

Too much of LSM sponsored activities are man-pleasing "showmanships." They are merely public performances no different than the Pharisees displayed to the Lord Jesus.