View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 04:13 AM   #1041
Ohio

Default Re: The Problem of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I won't ask for Bible backing of "this solution" to chaos. I'll go with it and see where it leads.

So according to this answer, chaos is a product of rebellion. But wouldn't that mean that, if there existed rebellion, or that ability, chaos was already existing before the rebellion? It was pre-spiced in, so to speak.

Let's not mention the idea that God did all this to be obeyed and worshipped. Glossing over that for now, let me just asked this, and you can clear me up if I get it wrong.

Okay, at first there was just one thing, if I may call it that : God. There was nothing else. Not even a vacuum, or waste and void. Just God.

And let's go with 'speaking' cuz it's handy. So the lone nothing-else-God, out of the nothing that itself didn't exist, said "Let there be." We don't need to go into all the details, we can see what "He' has 'spoken' into being, or enough of it anyway.

My point is that, God spoke all this out of nothing. At that point nothing existed, not even nothing, and out of that no nothing, came all of this, both good and bad, chaos and order, good and evil, and even Lucifer. It all has one source. And that is God.

Am I right so far?
You are doing quite well. You have rightly connected the word of God with ex nihilo creation.

Is the explanation of the Big Bang alternative really more acceptable?

But, that's a different thread, so back to the POE, why do you have so much difficulty accepting that creation is not "perfect," only God is?

The description of the creation, status, and splendor of Lucifer implies perfection on some level, yet by possessing a free will, all his incredible assets proved dangerous for the rest of creation. The bigger question would be why would God take such a risk?

I propose redemption is the ultimate answer. The Lamb slain before the beginning of time, before the creation of the world. (Revel. 13.8) Reject that and this thread will never end. The POE then will be the neverending conundrum.