View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 04:28 AM   #597
testallthings

Default Re: Merged Thread: Various Themes by Evangelical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I tried to find your reference to Revelation and wilderness but can't, can you please provide the reference (book or bible verse footnote)?
After hearing about the earlier overcomers and about the later, quicker overcomers, you may think that all the believers will be overcomers, and you may wonder who will be included in the harvest. Recently I heard that in the United States there are fifty million regenerated Christians. Thus in the United States alone there will be tens of millions for the Lord Jesus to reap...
One proof of this is in Revelation 18, which shows that Antichrist's capital, Rome, will be a center of capitalism. The record of that chapter, which even speaks of selling souls, or people, is a record not of communism, but of capitalism. The whole earth is under God's sovereign control. I believe that the United States will be fully preserved by God until the Lord comes back. As I have already mentioned, I believe that the United States will be the wilderness spoken of in Revelation 12. It will be a place of safety and shelter for so many refugees. Out of the tens of millions of Christians in the United States, not many will be overcomers. Certainly they will not be killed by Antichrist, because the United States will not be in Antichrist's territory. Since the United States will be a place of safety and refuge, the Christians in this country will not become the quick overcomers. Instead, they will be in the harvest....

Now I am living in the country of the great eagle. Although there are many sinful things in the United States, nevertheless, with the exception of the nation of Israel, there is no other country that has been formed according to God's Word. I have a copy of the first Constitution of the United States. It is composed of verses from the book of Exodus. Furthermore, each session of Congress opens with a prayer. I was present for such an opening prayer in 1958. Although that prayer was formal, it was still quite good. Moreover, the words, In God we trust, are engraved upon our coins. In the Bible, all the other nations are symbolized by beasts. But there is one country, the United States, that is symbolized by an eagle, not by a beast...

Two matters are sovereign of the Lord. The first is that He has prepared the United States to be a great eagle, and the second is that He has sent His recovery to this country. During the great tribulation Christians certainly will no longer pay attention to the Catholic Church, to the denominations, or to the free groups. Rather, they will say, “There is no time to waste. Let us take God's way.” God's way is the local churches. Hallelujah, we are in the local churches! Hallelujah, we are in the United States! We are in the genuine church life and we are in the country of the great eagle. I was deeply saddened by the loss of mainland China. I truly loved the work there. But how I praise the Lord that He has brought me to the country of the great eagle and that I am in the genuine church life here. Praise Him for sending His recovery to this country!
(Life-Study of Revelation, Chapter 48, Section 2 [emphasis added])

This is only a little quotations. You can dig for more and meditate some more.