View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 04:26 PM   #819
SteVee

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Possibly Hope's congregation in NC. He left the LC in the mid 80's, but still adhered to the early pronciples.

If you are still in WA, posters Terry and Indiana are in metro Seattle.

Moses Lake left years ago, not sure how they are now.

Prior to 1974 there was a genuine move of the Spirit in the US. Much of what was happening in the LC's (i.e. the freshness, gospel vitality, all members operating in the meetings, etc.) was common to all of Christendom.
@Ohio
Thanks Ohio. I am in Alabama now. Do you know how I could contact Hope's congregation? I would like to visit.

@unregistered
Yes, the Holy Spirit definitely leads, but that doesn't take away from people deliberately discussing doctrine and making conscious choices. Right now, with a copy of "The Holy Word for Morning Revival" in my hand, the Holy Spirit is cautioning me to make sure I am following Him, as revealed in His Word, with likeminded believers who are walking in purity, not a man or an organization that exists for financial gain and personal esteem. I realize there are many who are probably sincere and devout in individual congregations of the LC, but it seems clear that the LC is centrally controlled, as opposed to locally led by elders. That in and of itself is a sinful departure from the NT. Even the apostles in Jerusalem gave guidance to resolve confusion, but didn't remotely control the elders of local congregations. Ac 15:23-29
SteVee is offline   Reply With Quote