View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 03:57 AM   #818
Ohio

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVee View Post
I respect people's service, and as I quoted, the Scripture says a worker is worthy of his wages. What I've observed is the drift from service to control to preeminence - like Ray Graver in the LC. Another issue is the strata it normally creates in the minds of immature saints. You have the ruling, administering class and the rest of us that pay, attend and help a little here and there. The different members of the body become weak and malformed. It doesn't have to be that way just because there is full time clergy, but that seems to be the Catholic/Protestant way.

Do you know of any group that is sticking to the early principles of the LC, where the Spirit worked in each one to serve?
Possibly Hope's congregation in NC. He left the LC in the mid 80's, but still adhered to the early pronciples.

If you are still in WA, posters Terry and Indiana are in metro Seattle.

Moses Lake left years ago, not sure how they are now.

Prior to 1974 there was a genuine move of the Spirit in the US. Much of what was happening in the LC's (i.e. the freshness, gospel vitality, all members operating in the meetings, etc.) was common to all of Christendom.