View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 07:26 AM   #736
Cal

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post

They have even the same methodologies and terminologies: "brother's houses", and "full time workers" (versus the despised 'paid clergy'). Eerily familiar, no? Even the phraseology is identical: "Most Christians today don't know how to blah-blah..." If you have discernment and look for it, this controlling, sectarian spirit will be clearly seen manifesting itself in these kinds of groups. The group is merely a vehicle for the ministry, and the ministry is a vehicle for the minister, and the minister is the vehicle for the controlling spirit.

As I said, there are dozens of such groups. Coming out of the LC of Lee, now I know what they smell like.
Thanks for this, aron. I think anyone who ever has been involved with the LC would do well to study Geftakys' group. You can see that there was nothing really "unique" about the LC.

Interesting that Geftakys' also has roots in the Brethren. And we know now what they were, and have become. (tip of the hat to bro Ohio.)

I used to think that allowing Christians to be free to make their own decisions, rather than expecting them to "follow the brothers" without question, was a degraded compromise of Christianity. Now I realize it's the only thing that stands between us and manipulation by the ilk of Geftakys and Witness Lee and other wolves.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote