View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 03:31 AM   #173
Ohio

Default Re: Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubei View Post

Now I want to talk about the situation of Toronto. You seem to ask me a practical remedy for that city with a view to getting me embarrassed because if I side with any one party – whether it be LSM-affiliated or Nigel Tomes, you can easily attack me for my siding. My remedy is that we should not side with any party for now. I already mentioned that the ground of locality consists of two phase. The church in Toronto “seemingly” is divided now. That means they are in the danger of breaking the phase 1 – accepting other Christians unconditionally. To talk about the phase 2 is needless now. And one-set of eldership is not essential in our Christian life. The winner will be those saints who accept other Christians to the end. The loser will be those saints who reject other Christians first. This is the “spirit” of the ground of locality. As contrary to your understanding, the ground of locality does not encourage conflicts and division. All the saints in Toronto, whether they are for the ground of locality or not, whether they are for LSM or Nigel Tomes, are members of the church in Toronto.
Brother Gubei, you have taken this matter of "locality" to places where "no man has gone before." You have developed concepts never spoken by LSM.

Can you explain the danger of the "breaking the phase 1 – accepting other Christians unconditionally"? Doesn't the Bible teach us to "accept other Christians unconditionally." What am I missing here?