View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #717
HERn

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Severe lack of compassion and grace. A brother or sister as individuals is deemphasized. Whatever personal problems and struggles are deemed irrelevant. I recall last time I was in a LC home meeting on a regular basis the focus was on shepherding. Really? If it was known what's between my two ears I don't think there would be any capacity to handle it. So much easy with the LC concept of shepherding (we don't really want to know your problems. Let's just call on the Lord three times and consider this shepherding).
The system is promoted, exalted, etc that no matter how poor a situation is handled, the affected individual must consider it as "taking the cross" for the better good of the system.
In one locality I was at there was a couple who opened their home to a bottomed-out musician brother who eventually came into the church life and ended up marrying one of the older sisters. There are some saints that do care for people, but I think they are different than the full-time ministry trained saints. As more of the LCs become ministry churches whose elders have been through the full-time training the more unlike Christ they will become.