View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #30
Freedom

Default Re: Training vs Seminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
The FTT does have a unique aim as I heard from RK on more than one occasion, "we would like to have your young ones for two years, break them, and produce good material for the LC." Something quite upsetting, mean,wreckless, whatever about such talk. The daughter of an elder I know revealed she was so unhappy at the end of the two years had she not landed the husband of her dreams, she was out.

There is just so much wrong with the LC establishment. The bad, evil far outweighs any good.
One of the things that really drove me to become concerned about the LC is the FTT. The amount of pressure for young people to attend is insane. In does not at all reflect a normal decision that some people make to attend a Bible school or seminary. I know so many who attended, and they returned as completely different people. This made me set my mind that I would not attend, and thankfully I never did.

I find it to be completely disgusting how those like RK would talk about needing to "break" young people, in order to make them good LC material. Frankly put, that is cult-talk. There is no way around it. The underlying message of this kind of talk is that individuality and uniqueness are not wanted nor are compatible with the LC.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote