View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #296
aron

Default The unfolding revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
God loved Israel, so He sent prophets to her.
You know, I was thinking about the question of how to show love to the grim, self-absorbed types. The ones who have no idea how to dialogue. Who already have the answers: everybody but them is in darkness. I realized that it's really the same as with everyone else. If you don't have anything to give, what difference does it make who you are talking to? And if you do have something to give, why not be like Paul, who said to present your gift whether "in season or out of season"? (2 Tim 4:2) Why not be like John, who was willing to write the churches in Asia and tell them to repent? In other words, if you have something to say, and it's a revelation from God, then trust the revelation. Don't worry about the situation. Just minister the Christ you have. God is a businessman. Don't worry about the increase, just hold forth what you hear Christ speaking.

My thought here is that this discussion really isn't about 'what's wrong with the LC' or 'what was WL really doing with situation A, B, or C' but rather 'what is Christ showing us today'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
That's the starting point for all critique. People got hurt in the LCM, and that became my incentive to speak up on their behalf.
But it has to be God speaking through you. If you are the one speaking then you are Moses hitting the Egyptian on the head with a shovel. That may seem justified, because you see the abuse and want to address it, but ultimately the situation really doesn't improve. You've merely added another criminal (yourself) to the saga.

But if you speak because God Himself is speaking, and unfolding His revelation before your eyes, and it is now imperative that you open your mouth, He will address the situation. And His love will be there.

Was it Amos who was the sheep farmer living among the sycamore trees, when the word of God came to him? "Go and speak to My people." So when he went, they laughed at him. "Go back to your sheep."

He replied, "I'd be very happy to be with my sheep. But God sent me here."

Our God is a God of revelation. The cloistered LC, with their deceased oracle, will get increasingly grim, self-absorbed, and eccentric, probably. Their revelations will get increasingly marginal. But if we are connected to the Body (i.e. the non-cloistered "rest of Christianity"), we probably will be able to access the visions and dreams that God is pouring out in His Spirit. In my case, it may be seeing Christ dialoguing with His Father in the Psalms. Someone else may see something else. This is what will profit us. We are not here to slag people but to hold forth revelation.