View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #55
awareness

Default Re: Does The Local Church Teach/Preach Another Gospel and Another Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amcasci View Post
Again I say that if your approach is accepted there nothing we can know for sure. Read the rest of the verses that I cited. In those verses he plainly says what he preached to them. Obviously not every last word of what he said but surely an accurate summary. "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures and was raised on the third day according g to the scriptures." I believe it is a safe conclusion that the scripture he refers to is Isaiah 53 and perhaps the Levitical system which speak to christ's death for sins. Not only so but by the time Paul wrote this epistle he. Was likely familiar with the Apostles and their eyewitness accounts of Jesus.

Art
Bro Art, if we're gonna argue over all the preaching that went on back then, that hasn't come down to us, we'll obviously be arguing until the cows come home, and we'll never come to certainty. Just one example will suffice, the apostle Barnabas. Half of the New Testament is by the apostle Paul, but nothing from Barnabas. All of that is lost to us. And according to Acts Barnabas was an apostle.

However we're talking about Witness Lee and what he brought to us. And we can use the two letters of Paul to the Corinthians to help us determine that.

Just two examples in his letters to the Corinthians determines that Lee brought the church of Corinth to us: sexual immorality (1 Cor. 5) and bringing lawsuits to unbelieving secular courts (1 Cor. 6). And both Paul condemned.

So we can safely say Lee brought us the church in Corinth, in all its ugly glory.

Was that the different Jesus, spirit, and gospel, Paul was referring to in 2 Cor. 11:4? If so, Lee brought us something different than the gospel Paul preached.

Thanks for your response Art.