Thread: Fundamentalism
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #624
awareness

Default Re: Fundamentalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
And your constant stirring the pot with comments that effectively ignore the conversation that is going on is getting a little annoying.. . . .
. . .Or are you determined that Christianity is just about people who want to be right and find others to be wrong, therefore constantly worthy of your negative comments and scenarios?
Sorry if I annoy you bro Mike. I'll do my best to correct that. But if I were you I'd doubt I'll ever manage it.

I was responding to your statement: "But I disagree that God "did it."" I pointed out that God does actually do physical ambiguous sexuality sometimes, to counter your presumption. Did I misunderstand you?

When I stated that when anti-gay Christians discover their child is gay they have a change of mind I'm not speaking in the abstract, constructing a straw man to bring Christianity down.

I'm right now involved trying to get one of my cousins out of a debilitating depression. Most all his life he's been a Southern Baptist fundamentalist. He raised his only child as a ideal image of a clean cut straight-laced Christian boy; his/their pride and joy.

Not long ago the apple of his eye introduced him/them to his gay lover. It got real ugly. My cousin told his son that he was an abomination to God. They got into fierce fights, even on Facebook, for the whole world to see, much to his shame.

My cousin crashed into serious depression, that even prescription drugs have failed to pull him out of. He's questioning the veracity of his Christian faith. He feels like Jesus failed him; cuz Jesus failed to save his son from homosexuality.

I have loved my cousin since kids. (I turned him onto Watchman Nee) I'm very concerned about him, and his wife.

He told his son that God was going to judge him, and he would go to hell for being a homosexual. So I told my cousin about God creating hermaphrodites. Trying to comfort him. That, God made his son the way that he is, and so can't judge him. But he insists that the Bible condemns homosexuality.

This is serious. I'm trying to get my cousin back to loving his son. I've been thru this already, with another anti-gay Southern Baptist cousin, that had to deal with their daughter coming out gay. In fact, it was in discussions with them that hermaphrodite cases came up.

Bro Mike, please have patience with me. And don't forget that I'm living smack dub in the middle of fundamentalism, and grew up with it. So the flaws stand out to me. Sorry for that.