View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #109
InChristAlone

Default Re: How to help people whose friends and relatives are active members of th

Thank you, brothers, for your support. You helped me to look at the situation from another point of view.

I must think it over. My original decision was to stop participating in all activities of the LRC. I love my wife, I do like the saints (the latter care about me more than I care about them and they do it sincerely). But I don't want to belong to an organization that deceives its members, preaching a false gospel. To me, attending their meetings is like giving them moral support. Of course, I didn't do it for the LRC or saints. I was giving moral support to my wife. She always dragged me to the meetings even if I told her about their uselessness. Maybe she was afraid to lose her face. Maybe she wanted to "save" me. Or maybe she didn't want me to lose my face in front of other saints. In case if some of them started thinking that there was something wrong with her husband.

I need to pray about the situation. On the one hand, I don't want to nod and say countless "amen" to their hogwash. On the other hand, I don't want to quarrel with saints, struggling to explain them that they follow a false teacher. However, I also don't want to quarrel with my wife. And I do want to give her support. But I'd not like to support her by my participation in something that I consider a wrong thing. Unfortunately, my wife thinks that it's the right thing. She even wants to take part in the summer/winter training in Anaheim. It's gonna make a hole in our budget. And I always stopped her from doing it but this time I feel like saying, "Go ahead." If she is still hungry, I want her to eat the word of Lee as much as she can digest. There is a danger that she will never be full. But there is also a chance that she will be fed up one day. It's hard to guess what may come. I just see that my tactics of telling the truth about the LRC didn't work out. So according to my logic, my next step should be cancelling my activities in the LRC. It's going to be painful for my wife. She may lose her respect for me. This can be tough for me since I love my wife and I don't want to lose her. Well, maybe I just need to go through it.

So far, it's a dilemma and I really have to pray for the solution.