View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #113
awareness

Default Re: The Last Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
http://www.concernedbrothers.com/Shi...%20Shields.pdf

David Shields, in 2006, writing on the idea of a "blended" group. Where was its origin, he asked. Howabout maybe in a despotic culture.

So WL the oracle of God said that he was the latest in the and long line, who give the the "sheep" the straight skinny right from the throne. But the oracle also said that he was the last, that he looked and there was none qualified to follow in his giant footsteps.

Who needs the Bible if you have God's oracle? If the oracle says it, well that's it.
But God has blended the body together, giving more abundant honor to the member that lacked, That there would be no division in the body, but that the members would have the same care for one another. (1 Cor. 12:23-25)

Is that it? is that their only support for the Blended Brothers? And people, local churchers, are buying it? One verse is all it takes? With some convolution going on with what the KJV translates as "tempered?" Boy, they'll buy anything.

I'm using eSword, and have like 29 translations (some of them in just Greek - but a lot of translations) and not one of them translates "συνεκέρασε" as blended.

Strongs:
to commingle, i.e. (figuratively) to combine or assimilate

Maybe Lee should have used "assimilate." As in the Borg. The Assimilated Brothers - (The ASBs). "Resistance is futile."