Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #453
Matt Anderson

I think almost everyone would agree that the 10 Commandments are really, really important.

I'd like to understand why there are a number of posters on this forum who feel that it is not beneficial or productive to look at the very real possibility of violation of this very important subject.

I'm taking God's side on this one.

He started with the most important thing:
1. I am Jehovah thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Then He goes to the second most important thing:
2. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (4) Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. (5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me, (6) and showing lovingkindness unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

So please explain to me in a 1st grader kind of way why it is we shouldn't look at this real closely in the terms God uses (idolatry)???

And as for the subject of this thread, please see the bolded section of what God says.

So, with all of the complaining going on right now, please see if you can make a reasoned argument as to why we shouldn't give this close attention and look at it very closely with scrutiny.

If you think I am being rough, I'm sorry. How do you think God feels when all of those who He gave His own Son to redeem out of the world forsake Him? Do we think He is happy with us?

We know He is a loving and merciful God. We know he will always accept our repentance, but He does expect us to learn and agree with Him.

With that said, I'll go into a 24 hour pause.

Matt

Last edited by Matt Anderson; 08-22-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Matt Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote