Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #446
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Actually, you haven't made a case. You've made some statements, but you haven't explained your logic behind them. I'll still wondering why you have a problem with the idea of demonic influence. Don't demons follow Satan?

As far as I can tell you still have some blinders on. I'm wondering how on the one hand you have little problem believing Satan's nature indwells people, yet are scandalized by the thought that those Satan-filled folks might be influenced by demons as well. That seems pretty inconsistent to me.

It seems you differentiate between Satan's influence and demons' influence. Is that your point? If errors like the "one publication" don't come from Satan, where do they come from?

Igzy
Good point.

Methinks the reaction here is way overboard for what has been said. As believers we are not to be ignorant of the enemies devices. What is wrong with discussing what the Bible tells us about the devil and how he afflicts us. I'm not seeing that in every verse, but I see it in some.

The topic of this thread is spiritual abuse.

So I ask you, just who carries out spiritual abuse? It isn't God. It isn't us when we are walking with God. So who is it? Is it just mean old people all by themselves? I'm fine with going there, but it seems a little more soberminded to say that it is men who have been deceived by the devil to carry out acts of spiritual abuse all the while believing they are serving God.

I think there is a verse that says that there are those who will kill people and think they are serving God. (John 16:2)

We really don't have to be afraid of hearing about the wiles of the devil. If it gets too scary for people, then they can just go to another thread. Right? There are a lot more threads on this forum.

Thankful Jane
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote