Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #311
kisstheson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Not to leave this interesting discussion of proper football fundamentals with Ohio behind, but...

Honestly, I think we in the LCs were more in love with the idea of Christ alone than we were with Christ alone. Sort of like the woman who is in love with the idea of being in love. We were in love with the idea of being pure and perfect more than we were in love with the pure and perfect One.
Dear Igzy,

Speaking of "Ouch! That has to hurt!" - I have to admit that there is a whole lot of truth in what you said. Your post has more truth in it than I normally admit to.

Speaking in very general terms, for many of us, our journey can be stated in the following way:
  1. As newborn babes in Him, we fell with in love Him - He who truly is the most lovely One!
  2. We naturally gravitated to that place that claimed to stand for Him and Him alone.
  3. Gradually, over time, as you said, we very subtly shifted our focus from Him alone to the idea of Him alone.
  4. We gave ourselves more and more to the ministry which exalted the idea of Him alone and which made us feel superior for "seeing" the idea of Him alone.
  5. Praise Him! He began to stir in us as the Divinely-Jealous One. He would no longer tolerate our misplaced love - He brought us back to loving Him alone!
  6. And so, here we are!