View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #200
KSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Miletus View Post

However, you have missed the essence of this event in the Old Testament which was rightly referred to by the Lord Jesus in His speaking in the New Testament. You have missed the serpent's venom that have been transfused to the Israelites. This venom that had been mingled in man's body caused their death. There was no death with the Israelites prior to venom's infusion to them by serpents. Only after the venom were injected or transfused to them that they started to die one by one.
I think you are drawing too much from the OT picture. In the garden we do not see serpent biting Eve. It ain't happened. What I see in the picture with snakes is a very well established biblical principle that sin brings in death. However, I see no basis to conclude that some kind of satanic nature entered man. Even in this picture we do not see it. Let me tell you that venom is not a snake's nature. When a snake bites, it does not inject snake's nature. A bitten person does not become a snake, he/her dies. Well, if you wish to develop this OT picture further, why not think that serpent's question in the Garden implanted a lie in Eve's head that produced doubt. A lie was something from serpent (like venom), but lie is not "nature".

Jesus's death on the cross destroyed the works of the devil, and rendered him powerless, but it did not destroy his nature. Satan's nature will be destroyed in the lake of fire. Right now he is pretty active, and his nature is obviously not destroyed.