Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #109
Paul Cox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Roger, we all have stories like yours. I remember one brothers' meeting with TC. He asked where one young brother from Akron was. He had told his elder that he had a family reunion he didn't want to miss. TC was furious, blasted all family reunions, and made an example out of him publicly, for all to learn. How dare he miss that gathering.

Think about this. How convenient for leaders to make required meetings around their own schedules. The results are inevitable -- brothers are forced to become "secretive" and often tell "white lies" in order to escape judgment. The result often is just hypocrisy.

One time I was serving the children during the prayer meeting. The brother over me would never allow any of us to go to Cedar Point amusement park. But while I am caring for the children, his young daughter starts telling the other kids what a fun time they had at Cedar Point. My jaw dropped. What hypocrisy! Demand from others what you do in secret. Kids say the darndest things! It was amazing what "secrets" leaked out from the saints' kids.

You can fool some of the brothers all the time, and all the brothers some of the time, but you can't fool the kids!

What most defenders of the Living Stream Church don't understand is that Titus was just bringing to full manifestation what Witness Lee tried to introduce subtly.

In other words, as one brother put it, "Brother Lee always goes fishing with a straight hook." That is to say that Witness Lee would bend open up a hook, and then if anyone got caught, he could say, "Who me, I didn't set out to catch anyone. Did anyone see a conventional hook set out by me?"

We should all take a close look at Titus and what he did in the Midwest (shaming and all). He was only being so bold as to put into open practice those things which he had observed in his, "Acting God," "Oracle," "One Trumpet for the Age," Apostle for the Age" - Witness Lee.

Roger
Paul Cox is offline   Reply With Quote